NEW VENTURE CREATION (BUSINESS)
The purpose of the qualification is to develop the appropriate skills and knowledge required by a person for the establishment and development of a small to medium business venture, and address the economic, administrative and behavioural (psycho-social) barriers that contribute to success in starting and sustaining the venture.
This qualification is intended for persons who wish to start, operate, manage and grow a new small to medium business venture. Learners attempting this qualification will be equipped with a variety of technical, business managerial and personal skills and strategies to help them succeed in the creation and sustenance of a business. The successful learner will develop a sound foundation for the application of these skills and knowledge to explore a diverse range of entrepreneurial opportunities.
Recipients of this qualification will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and create a new venture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of interpersonal skills required in a business environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic economics within a market economy.
- Manage a new venture by applying business principles and techniques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of leadership and management.
Further Education and Training Certificate: New Venture Creation (NQF level 4) – 1 year full-time.
Ergonomics in Business, Business Writing Skills, Understanding Entrepreneurship, Innovative Thinking, Fundamentals of Business, Preparing a Business Plan, Plan and Manage Production, Manage HR and Labour Relations, Manage Finance in a New Venture and more.